Uttarakhand CM opposes NCTC
Dehradun: Accusing the Centre of
"infringing" on federal rights of the states, Uttarakhand
Chief Minister BC Khanduri on Sunday opposed the proposed
National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC).
"Be it NCTC or any other issue, it is very sad that some
of the important decisions are being taken by the Centre
unilaterally. The states must be taken into confidence on all
important decisions," he said.
Expressing his anguish over Centre for "not sharing"
vital information related to NCTC, Khanduri alleged the states
were "kept in dark" over the new anti-terror body, scheduled
to be operational from March 1.
His comments came after various states, including West
Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Bihar, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal
Pradesh and Odisha, took up the cudgels against the proposed
Citing the recent example where the army was assured help
by the state in carrying out its new projects, Khanduri said
the security has to be shared both by the Centre and the
"When you decide on the security of the country, you
cannot ignore the views of states," he said.
Significantly, at a meeting with top army officials this
week, state chief secretary Subhash Kumar had assured all help
and early clearances for 23,216 acres of land needed for
various projects that include 13 new helipads for maintaining
vigil in the strategically-important state which shares vast
border with China and Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- No ASEAN consensus on South China Sea row for now
- Unidentified militants shoot dead Trinamool worker in West Bengal
- Is it fair to be told your car just turned scrap: Maruti chief RC Bhargava
- Department of Posts fails to pay tax, CBEC faults officials
- Can you believe it? Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh danced to 'Dilli Wali Girlfriend' setting the party on fire!- WATCH