Uttarakhand CM recommends CBI probe into NRHM scam
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat has recommended a CBI probe into the NRHM scam running into crores of rupees, in the state.
The recommendation to this effect was made yesterday, official sources said here today.
The scam pertains to largescale irregularities in the distribution of medicines worth over Rs 14 crore under the National Rural Health Mission in the hill state in 2008-2009.
Rawat`s recommendation comes three months after the State Information made a similar recommendation, they said.
The commission`s recommendation had come on an RTI application alleging serious irregularities in distribution of medicines worth Rs 14.70 crore under the National Rural Health Mission in Uttarakhand.
The Commission had recommended a CBI probe into the scam in January this year with top health officials expressing their inability to probe it due to non-cooperation of staff.
The alleged scam had surfaced during BJP rule.
In his interim report to the commission, Director General (Health, Medical and Family Welfare) J S Pangtey had admitted that the quantity of drugs to be procured was substantially increased without any basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks