Uttarakhand CM rejects Narendra Modi`s proposal to rebuild Kedarnath shrine
Zee Media Bureau
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna rejected Bharatiya Janata Party leader Narendra Modi’s proposal and said that the Kedarnath temple will be rebuild by state government, reports said on Wednesday.
Last week Modi had met Vijay Bahuguna and offered to rebuild the Kedarnath temple complex, destroyed in the deluge.
Modi had tweeted about the rebuild proposition after his meeting with Uttarakhand CM Vijay Bahuguna. “Met Vijay Bahuguna ji. Conveyed to him that Gujarat is ready to take responsibility of renovating the Kedarnath temple complex,” he wrote on the micro-blogging site.
Before meeting Bahuguna, Modi spent the day visiting relief camps and carrying out an aerial survey of the places affected by the floods. He described the destruction at Uttarakhand as a national catastrophe.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged