Uttarakhand CM rejects Narendra Modi`s proposal to rebuild Kedarnath shrine
Zee Media Bureau
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna rejected Bharatiya Janata Party leader Narendra Modi’s proposal and said that the Kedarnath temple will be rebuild by state government, reports said on Wednesday.
Last week Modi had met Vijay Bahuguna and offered to rebuild the Kedarnath temple complex, destroyed in the deluge.
Modi had tweeted about the rebuild proposition after his meeting with Uttarakhand CM Vijay Bahuguna. “Met Vijay Bahuguna ji. Conveyed to him that Gujarat is ready to take responsibility of renovating the Kedarnath temple complex,” he wrote on the micro-blogging site.
Before meeting Bahuguna, Modi spent the day visiting relief camps and carrying out an aerial survey of the places affected by the floods. He described the destruction at Uttarakhand as a national catastrophe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere