Uttarakhand CM`s chopper lands at wrong place
Dehradun: A chopper with Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on board Friday landed at a wrong place--on a college ground in Uttarkashi district, a senior police official said.
"The pilot mistook the Mori Inter college ground for the venue where the Chief Minister was to address a public meeting and landed there," Uttarkashi SP Rajiv Swarup told a news agency.
Attributing the faux pas to a "lack of coordination", he said the pilot soon realised his mistake and the chopper took off again immediately for the right venue located nearby.
The Chief Minister was actually on way to Dauni in the district to address a public meeting in support of his son and Congress nominee for forthcoming Tehri Lok Sabha bypoll Saket Bahuguna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test