Uttarakhand CM`s chopper lands at wrong place
Dehradun: A chopper with Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on board Friday landed at a wrong place--on a college ground in Uttarkashi district, a senior police official said.
"The pilot mistook the Mori Inter college ground for the venue where the Chief Minister was to address a public meeting and landed there," Uttarkashi SP Rajiv Swarup told a news agency.
Attributing the faux pas to a "lack of coordination", he said the pilot soon realised his mistake and the chopper took off again immediately for the right venue located nearby.
The Chief Minister was actually on way to Dauni in the district to address a public meeting in support of his son and Congress nominee for forthcoming Tehri Lok Sabha bypoll Saket Bahuguna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16