Uttarakhand: Cong govt not to bring trust vote
Dehra Dun: Buoyed by the victory in the
election for the post of the Assembly Speaker, the Congress
government in Uttarakhand on Monday said it would not bring any
separate trust vote in the House now.
"We have won our first major test through the successful
election of the Speaker. Now, there is no need to bring a
separate trust vote," said Parliamentary Affairs minister
She said the government is bringing a vote-on-account,
which is a money bill, on March 29, the passage of which
should also be seen as a trust vote.
Moreover, there is Rajya Sabha election on March 30
where the victory of Congress candidate Mahendra Singh Mahra
looks certain now, she said adding this will also be a proof
of the majority of the Congress government headed by Chief
Minister Vijay Bahuguna.
"So, there is no need to bring a separate trust vote,"
In addition to this, Hridayesh said Governor Margaret
Alva is also satisfied with the number of the ruling party in
"The Governor has also not asked us to prove majority in
the House" Hridayesh said.
Govind Singh Kunjwal, a staunch supporter of union
minister Harish Rawat, won the election of the Speaker after
defeating BJP’s Harbans Kapoor by 8 votes in the House of 70.
The victory margin of Congress candidate is being seen
as convincing now since BJP failed to muster more votes than
the strength of its own total strength of 31 members in the
The first session of the assembly is beginning tomorrow
with the address of the Governor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof