Uttarakhand: Cong govt not to bring trust vote
Dehra Dun: Buoyed by the victory in the
election for the post of the Assembly Speaker, the Congress
government in Uttarakhand on Monday said it would not bring any
separate trust vote in the House now.
"We have won our first major test through the successful
election of the Speaker. Now, there is no need to bring a
separate trust vote," said Parliamentary Affairs minister
She said the government is bringing a vote-on-account,
which is a money bill, on March 29, the passage of which
should also be seen as a trust vote.
Moreover, there is Rajya Sabha election on March 30
where the victory of Congress candidate Mahendra Singh Mahra
looks certain now, she said adding this will also be a proof
of the majority of the Congress government headed by Chief
Minister Vijay Bahuguna.
"So, there is no need to bring a separate trust vote,"
In addition to this, Hridayesh said Governor Margaret
Alva is also satisfied with the number of the ruling party in
"The Governor has also not asked us to prove majority in
the House" Hridayesh said.
Govind Singh Kunjwal, a staunch supporter of union
minister Harish Rawat, won the election of the Speaker after
defeating BJP’s Harbans Kapoor by 8 votes in the House of 70.
The victory margin of Congress candidate is being seen
as convincing now since BJP failed to muster more votes than
the strength of its own total strength of 31 members in the
The first session of the assembly is beginning tomorrow
with the address of the Governor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes