Uttarakhand: Cong govt not to bring trust vote
Dehra Dun: Buoyed by the victory in the
election for the post of the Assembly Speaker, the Congress
government in Uttarakhand on Monday said it would not bring any
separate trust vote in the House now.
"We have won our first major test through the successful
election of the Speaker. Now, there is no need to bring a
separate trust vote," said Parliamentary Affairs minister
She said the government is bringing a vote-on-account,
which is a money bill, on March 29, the passage of which
should also be seen as a trust vote.
Moreover, there is Rajya Sabha election on March 30
where the victory of Congress candidate Mahendra Singh Mahra
looks certain now, she said adding this will also be a proof
of the majority of the Congress government headed by Chief
Minister Vijay Bahuguna.
"So, there is no need to bring a separate trust vote,"
In addition to this, Hridayesh said Governor Margaret
Alva is also satisfied with the number of the ruling party in
"The Governor has also not asked us to prove majority in
the House" Hridayesh said.
Govind Singh Kunjwal, a staunch supporter of union
minister Harish Rawat, won the election of the Speaker after
defeating BJP’s Harbans Kapoor by 8 votes in the House of 70.
The victory margin of Congress candidate is being seen
as convincing now since BJP failed to muster more votes than
the strength of its own total strength of 31 members in the
The first session of the assembly is beginning tomorrow
with the address of the Governor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to meet industry chambers, CAs on black money window
- Lionel Messi retires: List of other Argentine footballers who have followed their captain into retirement
- Hubby Rohit Roy lashes out at wife Dimpy Ganguly’s haters who trolled her for getting pregnant before marriage
- Bollywood celebrities recall Rahul Dev Burman on his 77th birthday
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to decide final payout for central government employees on June 29