Uttarakhand: Cong rally against scams in BJP govt
Dehra Dun: Ahead of the Assembly elections in
Uttarakhand early next year, the Congress on Tuesday took out a
rally here to highlight alleged scams in BJP-ruled state.
The rally began from Parade Ground here culminated near
the Vidhan Sabha where it was stopped by the police.
Senior Congress leaders like incharge of party affairs in
Uttarakhand Chowdhary Birendra Singh, Union minister of State
Harish Rawat, PCC chief Yashpal Arya and Leader of the
Opposition Harak Singh Rawat participated in the rally.
Singh said people of Uttarakhand were fed up with the
"corrupt and anti-people" policies of the BJP government and
would vote for a change.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors