Uttarakhand: Cong rally against scams in BJP govt
Dehra Dun: Ahead of the Assembly elections in
Uttarakhand early next year, the Congress on Tuesday took out a
rally here to highlight alleged scams in BJP-ruled state.
The rally began from Parade Ground here culminated near
the Vidhan Sabha where it was stopped by the police.
Senior Congress leaders like incharge of party affairs in
Uttarakhand Chowdhary Birendra Singh, Union minister of State
Harish Rawat, PCC chief Yashpal Arya and Leader of the
Opposition Harak Singh Rawat participated in the rally.
Singh said people of Uttarakhand were fed up with the
"corrupt and anti-people" policies of the BJP government and
would vote for a change.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional