Uttarakhand: Cong rally against scams in BJP govt
Dehra Dun: Ahead of the Assembly elections in
Uttarakhand early next year, the Congress on Tuesday took out a
rally here to highlight alleged scams in BJP-ruled state.
The rally began from Parade Ground here culminated near
the Vidhan Sabha where it was stopped by the police.
Senior Congress leaders like incharge of party affairs in
Uttarakhand Chowdhary Birendra Singh, Union minister of State
Harish Rawat, PCC chief Yashpal Arya and Leader of the
Opposition Harak Singh Rawat participated in the rally.
Singh said people of Uttarakhand were fed up with the
"corrupt and anti-people" policies of the BJP government and
would vote for a change.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh