Uttarakhand Congress MLA granted conditional bail
Pithoragarh: The District and Sessions court here on Tuesday granted conditional bail to congress MLA Harish Dhami, saying he has to first complete his deposition before Didihat court.
"The honourable sessions court has granted bail to our client on the condition that he could be released only after he deposes before the Didihat court where the case is pending," said MLA`s counsel Ramesh Kapri.
Dhami, an accused in a clash that took place between two groups in 2007, is under judicial custody from last 10 days as his bail plea was rejected two times before today`s hearing by the Didihat court and Nainital High Court has refused to intervene in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!