Uttarakhand: Congress MLA opens fire at minister`s residence, 2 injured
Dehradun: An MLA of Uttarakhand`s ruling Congress party on Tuesday allegedly opened fire at the residence of state Agriculture Minister Harak Singh Rawat during a party leaving two persons, including a party leader, injured.
A party was on at the minister`s residence when Congress MLA from Khanpur in Haridwar district Kunwar Pranav Singh "Champion" is said to have opened fire, IG RS Meena said.
Two persons, including a former student leader Vivekanand Khanduri, and a youth from Haridwar received injuries in the firing, he said adding they have been taken to hospital.
It is not clear what led to the firing, he said, adding details are being looked into by a team of police officials who have gone to the spot. Champion, who represents Khanpur in the state assembly, is also the chairman of the Forest Development Corporation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'