Uttarakhand: Death toll rises to 24 after heavy rains
Dehradun: Seven persons including a woman were killed here when three houses were buried in a landslide following heavy showers in the wee hours of the day, taking the toll to 24 in rain-related incidents in two days in Uttarakhand.
The incident occurred at around 2 am in Kathbangla area in the city. Rains triggered a landslide in the hills and the rubble fell on the three houses occupied by different families, a police official said.
Seven bodies including that of a woman have been pulled out of the debris of the houses, Rajpur police station SHO Rajesh Sah said, adding that the victims were sleeping when the mishap occurred.
A woman with critical injuries has also been rescued from the spot and admitted to the Doon hospital, he said.
There is no possibility of any more bodies trapped in the rubble of the houses, he said.
17 persons were killed in separate rain related incidents in Pauri, Dehradun and Pithoragarh district of the state yesterday.
Though it rained heavily in Dehradun last night, the city awoke to a bright sunny morning today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself