Uttarakhand defers imposition of surcharge till Apr 1
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand government today
deferred imposition of surcharge on a series of FMCG and other
food items by one month, official sources said here.
The decision to defer imposition of the surcharge till
April 1 was taken due to the technical problem in taxation,
The state government had last month announced imposition
of 0.5 percent to 1 percent surcharge on some FMCG and other
food items from March 1.
A surcharge of 0.5 percent was imposed on items where
VAT is 4 percent while other items where VAT is 12.5 percent,
the surcharge was imposed at the rate of 1 percent.
The move to impose surcharge was being seen as the state
government`s fresh attempt to earn additional revenue in the
face of acute financial crunch.
The state government is facing a burden of Rs 4000 crore
in the wake of Sixth Pay Commission report for which it is
trying hard to generate additional revenue for the
ballooning non-plan expenditure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH