Uttarakhand floods: AP Police donates Rs 2 cr for relief work
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh police personnel on Monday donated their one day`s salary, amounting to total Rs two crore, towards relief operations in flood-hit Uttarakhand.
AP Director General of Police V Dinesh Reddy handed over Rs two crore cheque to Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy towards the CM`s Relief Fund for Uttarakhand victims at a function here.
Earlier, Reddy inaugurated the Crime Investigation Department Headquarters building at Lakdikapul here.
The new CID building will accommodate CID administration and crime sections of Economic Offences Wing (EOW), Protection of Civil Rights Wing besides the Telangana Zone, Coastal Zone and Rayalaseema Zone.
The building has been built at a cost of Rs 11.30 crore by AP State Police Housing Corporation Ltd, a press release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- SpaceX Dragon cargo craft departs International Space Station
- Modi-inspired khadi outfits for Goa officials every Friday
- Uttar Pradesh Police personnel to get offs every 10 days
- Eight police killed in southeast Turkey car bomb attack: Report
- AAP 'intentionally' framed Punjab chief Chhotepur before expelling him: Dharamvira Gandhi