Uttarakhand floods: AP Police donates Rs 2 cr for relief work
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh police personnel on Monday donated their one day`s salary, amounting to total Rs two crore, towards relief operations in flood-hit Uttarakhand.
AP Director General of Police V Dinesh Reddy handed over Rs two crore cheque to Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy towards the CM`s Relief Fund for Uttarakhand victims at a function here.
Earlier, Reddy inaugurated the Crime Investigation Department Headquarters building at Lakdikapul here.
The new CID building will accommodate CID administration and crime sections of Economic Offences Wing (EOW), Protection of Civil Rights Wing besides the Telangana Zone, Coastal Zone and Rayalaseema Zone.
The building has been built at a cost of Rs 11.30 crore by AP State Police Housing Corporation Ltd, a press release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This packing hack is just awesome! Watch video
- Modi govt@2: Have an enormous task ahead, says PM
- Hindu majority needed to save democracy in India, Uniform Civil Code important: Subramanian Swamy
- Good news for wait-listed passengers! Now upgrade to Air India if train ticket not confirmed
- North Korea's Kim Jong-Un turns into a matchmaker for his sister, set to host dating contest