Uttarakhand floods: AP Police donates Rs 2 cr for relief work
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh police personnel on Monday donated their one day`s salary, amounting to total Rs two crore, towards relief operations in flood-hit Uttarakhand.
AP Director General of Police V Dinesh Reddy handed over Rs two crore cheque to Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy towards the CM`s Relief Fund for Uttarakhand victims at a function here.
Earlier, Reddy inaugurated the Crime Investigation Department Headquarters building at Lakdikapul here.
The new CID building will accommodate CID administration and crime sections of Economic Offences Wing (EOW), Protection of Civil Rights Wing besides the Telangana Zone, Coastal Zone and Rayalaseema Zone.
The building has been built at a cost of Rs 11.30 crore by AP State Police Housing Corporation Ltd, a press release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported