Uttarakhand floods: Bahuguna heckled in Joshimath
Zee Media Bureau
Dehradun: Days after Uttarakhand got almost inundated due to flash floods and landslides, the state`s Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Thursday faced the wrath of locals in Joshimath.
Bahuguna was heckled by people in Joshimath, where he had gone to oversee rescue and relief operations.
According to reports, slogans were raised against the Uttarakhand CM. The loclas claimed that they have not received any relief from the government.
Bahuguna then assured help to the locals seething with anger and left in his chopper.
The Uttarakhand CM has said he was numbed by the magnitude of the tragedy, which has almost devastated the otherwise picturesque area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued