Uttarakhand floods: Bahuguna heckled in Joshimath
Zee Media Bureau
Dehradun: Days after Uttarakhand got almost inundated due to flash floods and landslides, the state`s Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Thursday faced the wrath of locals in Joshimath.
Bahuguna was heckled by people in Joshimath, where he had gone to oversee rescue and relief operations.
According to reports, slogans were raised against the Uttarakhand CM. The loclas claimed that they have not received any relief from the government.
Bahuguna then assured help to the locals seething with anger and left in his chopper.
The Uttarakhand CM has said he was numbed by the magnitude of the tragedy, which has almost devastated the otherwise picturesque area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes