Uttarakhand floods: Congress Core group meets to discuss relief measures
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: As Uttarakhand remains devastated due to heavy rains and flash floods, Congress Core group met on Wednesday to discuss the possible relief measures to be undertaken.
Confirming the news, Chidambaram said that the meet has been confined to discuss the flood situation in Uttarakhand.
Earlier, the Core Group was scheduled to meet to discuss Food Security Bill.
At least 102 people were killed in the flash floods triggered by incessant rains in Uttarakhand, while the toll in the calamity is likely to rise manifold as 500 people are still reported to be missing.
Kukhimath SDM Rakesh Tewari told reporters after his return from Himalayan shrine of Kedarnarth that 50 bodies are lying in areas adjacent to the shine.
Uttarakhand Helpline numbers are: 0135-2710334, 2710335, 2710233
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best