Uttarakhand floods: Congress Core group meets to discuss relief measures
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: As Uttarakhand remains devastated due to heavy rains and flash floods, Congress Core group met on Wednesday to discuss the possible relief measures to be undertaken.
Confirming the news, Chidambaram said that the meet has been confined to discuss the flood situation in Uttarakhand.
Earlier, the Core Group was scheduled to meet to discuss Food Security Bill.
At least 102 people were killed in the flash floods triggered by incessant rains in Uttarakhand, while the toll in the calamity is likely to rise manifold as 500 people are still reported to be missing.
Kukhimath SDM Rakesh Tewari told reporters after his return from Himalayan shrine of Kedarnarth that 50 bodies are lying in areas adjacent to the shine.
Uttarakhand Helpline numbers are: 0135-2710334, 2710335, 2710233
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet