Uttarakhand floods: Delhi ministers, MLAs to contribute one month salary
New Delhi: All Delhi ministers and MLAs will contribute Rs 10 lakh each from their local area development fund, besides one month`s salary for relief and rehabilitation of the victims of the devastating floods in Uttarakhand.
The decision was taken at a cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit here on Sunday.
"All ministers and MLAs would contribute Rs 10 lakh each from their MLA Local Area Development Fund in addition to one month salary," Dikshit said.
Dikshit had already announced a financial assistance of Rs 10 crore to victims of the natural calamity in the hill state.
The Cabinet has exhorted employees of the city government to contribute their one day`s salary in Chief Minister`s Relief Fund for providing assistance to the flood victims.
The Chief Minister said a total of 772 people from Delhi had gone missing in Uttarakhand and around 80 of them have been rescued. Around 692 people are yet to be rescued.
She said a round-the-clock helpline number 1077 is being made functional in Delhi to provide information and help to the families of those from Delhi who have been stranded in Uttarakhand.
"The Cabinet has also decided to send a team of officers of Delhi Government to Dehradun to coordinate with Government of Uttarakhand to rescue people from Delhi," the Chief Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert