Uttarakhand floods: Dikshit flags off 4 trucks loaded with relief material
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Saturday flagged off four trucks loaded with relief material for Uttarakhand flood victims.
The relief material was contributed by Thakur Dwara Trust. The material would be distributed by the trust volunteers from the base camp at Uttarakashi, officials said.
This is the second instalment of relief material sent by the trust.
The first instalment of relief material, including ready-to-eat food items and drinking water, was flagged off by Dikshit on June 20.
Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister appreciated efforts of the trust and exhorted others to follow.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!