Uttarakhand floods: Gehlot camping in Dehradun, monitoring relief works
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot is camping in Dehradun and is supervising rescue and relief works for people of the state trapped in rain-ravaged Uttarakhand, officials said here on Saturday.
Gehlot met Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and his Uttarakhand counterpart Vijay Bahuguna and discussed the reflief operations.
The state government had hired two choppers for relief works for people of the state, the officials said.
Industry minister Rajendra Pareek would go to the hill state tomorrow to monitor rescue and relief works.
The Congress had postponed public meetings as part of its Sandesh Yatra in the poll-bound Rajasthan in view of the enormous tragedy in Uttarakhand.
The meetings were slated to be held on June 23 and 24 in Sikar and Bikaner districts respectively, a party spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump
- New music by Beatles legend George Harrison to be released
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today