Uttarakhand floods: Government`s help came late, says Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: Janata Dal (United) president Sharad Yadav on Wednesday put the blame on the Center for the sorry state of affairs in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand.
"Help from the government during Uttarakhand floods was delayed. Uttarakhand floods were just a glimpse of the darkness that is our future," said Yadav.
Further while describing India`s rich natural resources, Yadav said, "We used to be a country that was environment friendly. But now we have exploited nature too much."
While showing his concern on the increasing atmospheric temperature and highly disturbing climate shift which is causing flood and other natural disasters, Yadav said, "We need to form laws on protecting the Himalayas. Our country depends on the Himalayas. If glaciers melt India will be in trouble."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000