Uttarakhand floods: Haryana Governor cancels function
Chandigarh: Haryana Governor Jagannath Pahadia has cancelled the Urdu Sahityakar Samman Samaroh, scheduled for Monday at the Raj Bhawan here, in the wake of devastation in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand.
Paying tributes to those who have died in the calamity, the Governor conveyed his heartfelt condolences to members of the bereaved families.
Expressing grief and sorrow over the heavy loss of life and property, he has urged people to come forward and provide all possible help to the victims, according to a Haryana government release here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state