Uttarakhand floods: Little Khushboo eager to get back to Delhi
Gauchar (Uttarakhand): "Uncle mai aaj apne ghar Delhi pahunch jaaungeee naa" (Uncle, will I be able to reach my home n Delhi today?).
12-year-old Khushboo said this to Lt Gen Anil Chait at the helipad here when he was meeting those who had just been rescued through IAF helicopters from Joshimath.
Chait then kissed the girl`s forehead and assured her that she will reach home very soon.
"You have come here safe and we will ensure you will reach home by tomorrow," Chait said who was accompanied by Union minister Harish Rawat.
Khushboo and his family were rescued today after they were stuck in the upper reaches of Joshimath for the last few days.
The agencies have created a helipad at this location for operation of IAF and Army helicopters while ITBP men are providing logistics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details