Uttarakhand floods: Little Khushboo eager to get back to Delhi
Gauchar (Uttarakhand): "Uncle mai aaj apne ghar Delhi pahunch jaaungeee naa" (Uncle, will I be able to reach my home n Delhi today?).
12-year-old Khushboo said this to Lt Gen Anil Chait at the helipad here when he was meeting those who had just been rescued through IAF helicopters from Joshimath.
Chait then kissed the girl`s forehead and assured her that she will reach home very soon.
"You have come here safe and we will ensure you will reach home by tomorrow," Chait said who was accompanied by Union minister Harish Rawat.
Khushboo and his family were rescued today after they were stuck in the upper reaches of Joshimath for the last few days.
The agencies have created a helipad at this location for operation of IAF and Army helicopters while ITBP men are providing logistics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre