Uttarakhand: Funds sanctioned for disaster-hit districts for road repair
Dehradun: A corpus fund of Rs 10 crore each will be given to the district magistrates of Rudraprayag, Chamoli and Uttarkashi, which bore the brunt of last year`s calamity to ensure that road reconstruction work by the BRO goes on uninterrupted on Char Dham pilgrimage route.
An announcement to this effect was made by Chief Minister Harish Rawat while reviewing the preparations for the Char Dham and Mansarovar pilgrimages via video conferencing late last night, an official release here said.
The DMs of these districts have been asked to use the corpus fund of Rs 10 crore each at their disposal to help BRO carry out its road reconstruction work in affected areas so that the badly damaged route is fully restored by April 30.
The Char Dham yatra begins this year in early May and the deadline set by the government for repairing the roads leading to the four Himalayan shrines of Gangotri, Yamunotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath is April 30.
The Chief Minister instructed the DMs of the three districts where the famed Himalayan shrines are located to set up a control room at the district headquarters to monitor the progress of road restoration work on a regular basis.
The Chief Minister also sanctioned Rs 1 crore for preparations for the Mansarovar yatra and said more funds will be given, if needed, for the smooth conduct of the pilgrimage which passes through the border district of Pithoragarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India