Uttarakhand government should be sacked: Cong
Dehra Dun: Alleging that the life of Swami Nigamanand could not be saved due to negligence of the Uttarakhand government, Leader of Opposition in state Assembly Harak Singh Rawat on Saturday demanded that the state government should be sacked.
"Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank should resign on moral grounds or else his government should be sacked," Rawat said here.
Pokhriyal tried his best to persuade Baba Ramdev to call off his fast but never tried to contact and talk with Swami Nigamananda, seer of Matri Sadan ashram in Haridwar, who was on fast since February 19, he alleged.
"The state government will have to answer the people of the state about the death of Swami Nigamanand," he said.
"Our party will meet Governor Margaret Alva to handover a memorandum demanding sacking of the state government," Rawat said.
A day-long fast will be observed by Congressmen at Gandhi Park here on Sunday and a protest will be held at Triveni Ghat in Rishikesh on June 22. A rally has also been scheduled for June 22 in Roorkie, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi