Uttarakhand government should be sacked: Cong
Dehra Dun: Alleging that the life of Swami Nigamanand could not be saved due to negligence of the Uttarakhand government, Leader of Opposition in state Assembly Harak Singh Rawat on Saturday demanded that the state government should be sacked.
"Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank should resign on moral grounds or else his government should be sacked," Rawat said here.
Pokhriyal tried his best to persuade Baba Ramdev to call off his fast but never tried to contact and talk with Swami Nigamananda, seer of Matri Sadan ashram in Haridwar, who was on fast since February 19, he alleged.
"The state government will have to answer the people of the state about the death of Swami Nigamanand," he said.
"Our party will meet Governor Margaret Alva to handover a memorandum demanding sacking of the state government," Rawat said.
A day-long fast will be observed by Congressmen at Gandhi Park here on Sunday and a protest will be held at Triveni Ghat in Rishikesh on June 22. A rally has also been scheduled for June 22 in Roorkie, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Peace is a two-way street, remove self-imposed obstacle of terrorism: PM Modi tells Pakistan
- New Zealand plan first day-night Test against England in 2018
- PCB to send Mohammad Hafeez to England for knee-injury treatment
- China says extremely dissatisfied with G7 statement on South China Sea
- Ice age on Mars took place 400,000 years ago, claim scientists