Uttarakhand: Governor gives assent to Lokayukta
Dehra Dun: Just two days after it was passed
in the state assembly, Governor Margaret Alva on Thursday gave her
assent to the Uttarakhand Lokayukta Bill, 2011.
The bill was passed by the state assembly unanimously on
Tuesday night following a marathon discussion.
The Bill was signed by the Governor in the presence of
Chief Minister BC Khanduri who was present when the assent
was given, a Raj Bhavan spokeswoman said.
Alva also asked Khanduri to implement the Act in the
same spirit in which it was brought in the state.
"I am happy that such a wonderful bill was passed in
Uttarakhand. I am very happy that Uttarakhand has become the
first state to bring such a strong law to fight corruption",
Alva told Khanduri.
Team Anna has welcomed the Bill saying it is "in toto"
with its Jan Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Never do films keeping in mind box office numbers: Aishwarya
- FDI up 16.5% to $2.46 billion in March
- Gold price cracks below Rs 29,000-mark, hits over 3-month low
- Farooq Abdullah caught talking on phone during National Anthem rendition, triggers row
- Waiting movie review: Naseer, Kalki add heft to this homage to humanism