Uttarakhand: Governor gives assent to Lokayukta
Dehra Dun: Just two days after it was passed
in the state assembly, Governor Margaret Alva on Thursday gave her
assent to the Uttarakhand Lokayukta Bill, 2011.
The bill was passed by the state assembly unanimously on
Tuesday night following a marathon discussion.
The Bill was signed by the Governor in the presence of
Chief Minister BC Khanduri who was present when the assent
was given, a Raj Bhavan spokeswoman said.
Alva also asked Khanduri to implement the Act in the
same spirit in which it was brought in the state.
"I am happy that such a wonderful bill was passed in
Uttarakhand. I am very happy that Uttarakhand has become the
first state to bring such a strong law to fight corruption",
Alva told Khanduri.
Team Anna has welcomed the Bill saying it is "in toto"
with its Jan Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets