Uttarakhand: Governor gives assent to Lokayukta
Dehra Dun: Just two days after it was passed
in the state assembly, Governor Margaret Alva on Thursday gave her
assent to the Uttarakhand Lokayukta Bill, 2011.
The bill was passed by the state assembly unanimously on
Tuesday night following a marathon discussion.
The Bill was signed by the Governor in the presence of
Chief Minister BC Khanduri who was present when the assent
was given, a Raj Bhavan spokeswoman said.
Alva also asked Khanduri to implement the Act in the
same spirit in which it was brought in the state.
"I am happy that such a wonderful bill was passed in
Uttarakhand. I am very happy that Uttarakhand has become the
first state to bring such a strong law to fight corruption",
Alva told Khanduri.
Team Anna has welcomed the Bill saying it is "in toto"
with its Jan Lokpal Bill.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- NEET 2016: From schedule to state governments' position to results announcement - All you need to know
- Twitter launches 'Connect' to help you find friends
- Hotness alert! Latest pic of Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan will leave you drooling
- Can you believe this? Bullet train fare 1.5 times higher than AC 1st Class
- India vs Zimbabwe: BCCI confirms tour; three ODIs, equal number of T20Is to be played in 12 days