Uttarakhand Govt bans sale-purchase of land at Gairsain
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government has banned sale and purchase of land at Gairsain where it is going to construct an Assembly building and hold at least one session of the House every year.
Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna issued directives to this effect late on Saturday night, official sources said here on Monday.
The move follows reports about rise in the activities of land mafia at Gairsain in Chamoli district ever since the State Cabinet decided to build a Vidhan Bhawan there early this month, they said.
There were reports about land sharks with political patronage trying to buy land of the local people and farmers at Gairsain and adjoining areas in Chamoli district at throwaway prices and make profits in view of the likely rise in their value following state government`s decision to construct a Vidhan Bhawan there.
The ban on sale and purchase of land will remain in force till a master plan on the Vidhan Gairsain is prepared.
The State Cabinet which met for the first time at Gairsain on November 03 decided to build a Vidhan Bhawan there and hold a session of the House there every year.
The move was seen as an effort to reach out to the hill people, a large section of whom, are in favour of Gairsain being declared as the permanent capital of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'