Uttarakhand govt issues advisory after prediction of heavy rains
Dehradun: Uttarakhand government has issued an advisory asking civil and police administration to shift people to safe places and ensure no more loss of life and property after MeT department predicted heavy rains in Chamoli and several areas of Kumaon region in the next 72 hours.
The advisory issued by Uttarakhand Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar said, "Meteorological department has predicted that in the coming 72 hours, there is possibility of heavy rains (70-90 mm) at some places of Chamoli and Kumaon region, especially Pithoragarh, Champawat, Nainital and Udhamsingh Nagar districts."
"Medium rain fall (20-40 mm) is predicted at several places of Uttarakhand. DMs and SSPs are alerted to keep people at safe places and ensure no more loss of property and lives," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port