Uttarakhand govt issues advisory after prediction of heavy rains
Dehradun: Uttarakhand government has issued an advisory asking civil and police administration to shift people to safe places and ensure no more loss of life and property after MeT department predicted heavy rains in Chamoli and several areas of Kumaon region in the next 72 hours.
The advisory issued by Uttarakhand Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar said, "Meteorological department has predicted that in the coming 72 hours, there is possibility of heavy rains (70-90 mm) at some places of Chamoli and Kumaon region, especially Pithoragarh, Champawat, Nainital and Udhamsingh Nagar districts."
"Medium rain fall (20-40 mm) is predicted at several places of Uttarakhand. DMs and SSPs are alerted to keep people at safe places and ensure no more loss of property and lives," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brave jawans gun down six militants in encounters in Kashmir's Kupwara - Know gunbattle details
- Brexit poll results: Britain, EU relation on knife-edge as historic referendum closes
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus