Uttarakhand govt to set up separate cell for minor
Dehradun: A separate cell will soon be set up in the social welfare department of Uttarakhand to speed up implementation of schemes meant for the minorities.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the 15-point Programme Implementation Committee chaired by Chief Secretary Alok Kumar Jain, official sources said here today.
The cell will be tasked with ensuring speedy and proper implementation of welfare schemes meant for the minorities, they said.
Camps will be held in districts to spread awareness among minorities about the schemes launched by the government for them.
The meeting also decided to give recognition to all Madarsas affiliated to the Madarsa board and set up ITIs and Polytechnic institutes for the minorities.
Arrangements for giving them coaching besides scholarships will also be made, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook