Uttarakhand govt to set up separate cell for minor
Dehradun: A separate cell will soon be set up in the social welfare department of Uttarakhand to speed up implementation of schemes meant for the minorities.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the 15-point Programme Implementation Committee chaired by Chief Secretary Alok Kumar Jain, official sources said here today.
The cell will be tasked with ensuring speedy and proper implementation of welfare schemes meant for the minorities, they said.
Camps will be held in districts to spread awareness among minorities about the schemes launched by the government for them.
The meeting also decided to give recognition to all Madarsas affiliated to the Madarsa board and set up ITIs and Polytechnic institutes for the minorities.
Arrangements for giving them coaching besides scholarships will also be made, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside