Uttarakhand govt to set up separate cell for minor
Dehradun: A separate cell will soon be set up in the social welfare department of Uttarakhand to speed up implementation of schemes meant for the minorities.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the 15-point Programme Implementation Committee chaired by Chief Secretary Alok Kumar Jain, official sources said here today.
The cell will be tasked with ensuring speedy and proper implementation of welfare schemes meant for the minorities, they said.
Camps will be held in districts to spread awareness among minorities about the schemes launched by the government for them.
The meeting also decided to give recognition to all Madarsas affiliated to the Madarsa board and set up ITIs and Polytechnic institutes for the minorities.
Arrangements for giving them coaching besides scholarships will also be made, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss
- 225 killed or missing in China torrential rains; 2.5 lakh people trapped
- Elvis Presley almost choked himself to death with drugs
- 48 hours on, Indian Air Force's AN 32 still untraceable; families of missing officials pray for good news