Uttarakhand has learnt lessons from June calamity: Bahuguna
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Friday said several measures are in the offing to give a boost to medical facilities in the state including construction of seven trauma centres and one mobile ambulance in each district.
"A 50-bed trauma centre each will be set up in Guptkashi, Gauchar, Joshimath, Jauljeevi, Kapkot, Bageshwar and Uttarkashi," he said.
All the 13 districts in the state will have a mobile medical ambulance equipped with modern facilities for which money will be provided through the CM`s Disaster Relief Fund, Bahuguna said while inaugurating an Emergency Service Centre at the city`s Mahant Indresh Hospital.
This will be in addition to the 108 service already in operation in rural Uttarakhand under which medically equipped vans with doctors on board go from door to door to do a check- up of people.
He said that with coordination of private hospitals efforts will be made to get doctors from big hospitals to extend their services in the district hospitals.
There were reports of several deaths in the remote hill areas of Uttarakhand post mid-June calamity for want of immediate medical attention.
Noting that the state has learnt lessons from the June tragedy, he said a State Disaster Response Force has been set up whose personnel will be trained by NDRF to deal with natural calamities.
Course material on safety from disaster will also be added in school students` courses, the chief minister said.
The CM said the state is working on a long term plan to tackle natural disasters.
"A scientific plan is being prepared with the support of GSI and ASI. The Union government is giving all necessary support," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Sister aka stylist Rhea Kapoor speaks about Sonam's fashion secrets
- Overhaul Indian sports bodies and de-link from Political patronage to overcome Rio fiasco: CPI-M
- Fawad Khan has short yet pivotal role in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil': Karan Johar
- Looks like it takes a lot of men to doll up Sunny Leone- See pic
- Lemon: An ideal ingredient for your glowing skin, good health