Uttarakhand has learnt lessons from June calamity: Bahuguna
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Friday said several measures are in the offing to give a boost to medical facilities in the state including construction of seven trauma centres and one mobile ambulance in each district.
"A 50-bed trauma centre each will be set up in Guptkashi, Gauchar, Joshimath, Jauljeevi, Kapkot, Bageshwar and Uttarkashi," he said.
All the 13 districts in the state will have a mobile medical ambulance equipped with modern facilities for which money will be provided through the CM`s Disaster Relief Fund, Bahuguna said while inaugurating an Emergency Service Centre at the city`s Mahant Indresh Hospital.
This will be in addition to the 108 service already in operation in rural Uttarakhand under which medically equipped vans with doctors on board go from door to door to do a check- up of people.
He said that with coordination of private hospitals efforts will be made to get doctors from big hospitals to extend their services in the district hospitals.
There were reports of several deaths in the remote hill areas of Uttarakhand post mid-June calamity for want of immediate medical attention.
Noting that the state has learnt lessons from the June tragedy, he said a State Disaster Response Force has been set up whose personnel will be trained by NDRF to deal with natural calamities.
Course material on safety from disaster will also be added in school students` courses, the chief minister said.
The CM said the state is working on a long term plan to tackle natural disasters.
"A scientific plan is being prepared with the support of GSI and ASI. The Union government is giving all necessary support," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre