Uttarakhand: Health official sent to jail
Dehradun: A local court has sent a senior health official in Uttarakhand to 14-day judicial custody on charges of sexually exploiting a girl after promising her a job in the department.
Former director medical education Dr Bharat Kishore was sent to judicial custody by Chief Judicial Magistrate Jyoti Bala after he surrendered in her court on the direction of the Uttarakhand High Court yesterday.
According to the police complaint filed in the case in December 2010, Kishore promised the victim a job in the health department, took her to Haridwar and sexually assaulted her after lacing her cold drink with an intoxicant.
He allegedly promised to marry the girl later and continued to sexually exploit her for nine years, the complaint said.
Dr Kishore is currently posted as senior resident pathologist at Srinagar Medical College.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16