Uttarakhand: Health official sent to jail
Dehradun: A local court has sent a senior health official in Uttarakhand to 14-day judicial custody on charges of sexually exploiting a girl after promising her a job in the department.
Former director medical education Dr Bharat Kishore was sent to judicial custody by Chief Judicial Magistrate Jyoti Bala after he surrendered in her court on the direction of the Uttarakhand High Court yesterday.
According to the police complaint filed in the case in December 2010, Kishore promised the victim a job in the health department, took her to Haridwar and sexually assaulted her after lacing her cold drink with an intoxicant.
He allegedly promised to marry the girl later and continued to sexually exploit her for nine years, the complaint said.
Dr Kishore is currently posted as senior resident pathologist at Srinagar Medical College.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly