Uttarakhand: Health official sent to jail
Dehradun: A local court has sent a senior health official in Uttarakhand to 14-day judicial custody on charges of sexually exploiting a girl after promising her a job in the department.
Former director medical education Dr Bharat Kishore was sent to judicial custody by Chief Judicial Magistrate Jyoti Bala after he surrendered in her court on the direction of the Uttarakhand High Court yesterday.
According to the police complaint filed in the case in December 2010, Kishore promised the victim a job in the health department, took her to Haridwar and sexually assaulted her after lacing her cold drink with an intoxicant.
He allegedly promised to marry the girl later and continued to sexually exploit her for nine years, the complaint said.
Dr Kishore is currently posted as senior resident pathologist at Srinagar Medical College.
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success