Uttarakhand: Health official sent to jail
Dehradun: A local court has sent a senior health official in Uttarakhand to 14-day judicial custody on charges of sexually exploiting a girl after promising her a job in the department.
Former director medical education Dr Bharat Kishore was sent to judicial custody by Chief Judicial Magistrate Jyoti Bala after he surrendered in her court on the direction of the Uttarakhand High Court yesterday.
According to the police complaint filed in the case in December 2010, Kishore promised the victim a job in the health department, took her to Haridwar and sexually assaulted her after lacing her cold drink with an intoxicant.
He allegedly promised to marry the girl later and continued to sexually exploit her for nine years, the complaint said.
Dr Kishore is currently posted as senior resident pathologist at Srinagar Medical College.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics