Uttarakhand: Health official sent to jail
Dehradun: A local court has sent a senior health official in Uttarakhand to 14-day judicial custody on charges of sexually exploiting a girl after promising her a job in the department.
Former director medical education Dr Bharat Kishore was sent to judicial custody by Chief Judicial Magistrate Jyoti Bala after he surrendered in her court on the direction of the Uttarakhand High Court yesterday.
According to the police complaint filed in the case in December 2010, Kishore promised the victim a job in the health department, took her to Haridwar and sexually assaulted her after lacing her cold drink with an intoxicant.
He allegedly promised to marry the girl later and continued to sexually exploit her for nine years, the complaint said.
Dr Kishore is currently posted as senior resident pathologist at Srinagar Medical College.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH