Uttarakhand: Kailash Mansarovar yatra ends peacefully
Pithoragarh (U`khand): The annual Kailash Mansarovar yatra concluded on Monday with the last and 16th batch of 41 pilgrims returning to Gunji camp at Lipulekh Pass here.
The pilgrims will reach New Delhi on September 26 after one night stay at Jageswar in Almora tomorrow.
"This year, the highest number of pilgrims of 774, in 16 batches, has gone to Kailash and Mansarowar, since the pilgrimage began in the year 1981," said DK Sharma, manager, tourism in Kumaon Mandal Vikash Nigam, the nodal agency for this pilgrimage.
Sharma said that till this year, a total of 12,518 pilgrimages from all over the country have completed the pilgrimage of Kailash and Mansarowar in 368 batches.
The pilgrimage begins on June 1 every year during which the devotees paid visit to the abode of Lord Shiva in Tibet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India