Uttarakhand: Kailash Mansarovar yatra ends peacefully
Pithoragarh (U`khand): The annual Kailash Mansarovar yatra concluded on Monday with the last and 16th batch of 41 pilgrims returning to Gunji camp at Lipulekh Pass here.
The pilgrims will reach New Delhi on September 26 after one night stay at Jageswar in Almora tomorrow.
"This year, the highest number of pilgrims of 774, in 16 batches, has gone to Kailash and Mansarowar, since the pilgrimage began in the year 1981," said DK Sharma, manager, tourism in Kumaon Mandal Vikash Nigam, the nodal agency for this pilgrimage.
Sharma said that till this year, a total of 12,518 pilgrimages from all over the country have completed the pilgrimage of Kailash and Mansarowar in 368 batches.
The pilgrimage begins on June 1 every year during which the devotees paid visit to the abode of Lord Shiva in Tibet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY