Uttarakhand: Kailash Mansarovar yatra ends peacefully
Pithoragarh (U`khand): The annual Kailash Mansarovar yatra concluded on Monday with the last and 16th batch of 41 pilgrims returning to Gunji camp at Lipulekh Pass here.
The pilgrims will reach New Delhi on September 26 after one night stay at Jageswar in Almora tomorrow.
"This year, the highest number of pilgrims of 774, in 16 batches, has gone to Kailash and Mansarowar, since the pilgrimage began in the year 1981," said DK Sharma, manager, tourism in Kumaon Mandal Vikash Nigam, the nodal agency for this pilgrimage.
Sharma said that till this year, a total of 12,518 pilgrimages from all over the country have completed the pilgrimage of Kailash and Mansarowar in 368 batches.
The pilgrimage begins on June 1 every year during which the devotees paid visit to the abode of Lord Shiva in Tibet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest