Uttarakhand minister injured in road accident
Uttarkashi: Uttarakhand minister Pritam Singh was injured on Sunday in a road accident when the car he was travelling in collided head on with another vehicle near Purola in Uttarkashi district.
The accident occurred at Rama bend, between Purola and Mori, about 110-km from Uttarkashi, said Purola SDM RK Pandey.
Singh, who received injuries to his feet and hands, was airlifted in a chopper to Dehradun for treatment, added Pandey.
The accident took place around 11 A.M. When the minister for food and civil supplies was on his way to Purola to address a meeting of Congress workers, which was subsequently called off, party sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'