Uttarakhand receives fresh snowfall
Dehradun: High altitude areas of Chamoli and Uttarkashi districts of Uttarakhand received fresh snowfall on Tuesday even as the valleys were lashed by moderate rains causing a sharp drop in temperature at most places.
Quite a few places in Chamoli district including Auli, Badrinath and Hemkund Sahib received the snowfall.
As a result, tourist places like `Nanda Devi` and `Phoolon Ki Ghati` (flowers` valley), national parks in the district were covered under about seven-feet thick sheets of snow, officials in Chamoli said.
Most valleys in the state, including Dehradun, Badkot, Dunda, Mori, Tharali and Munsyari in Uttarkashi district were also lashed by showers which caused a sharp drop in temperature, the MeT department said.
In Dehradun, where a shower occurred in the afternoon, the temperature fell from 21.4 degrees Celsius to 15 degrees C.
Badkot in Uttarkashi district received the maximum 24.4 mm of rain followed by Mori which recorded 30 mm of showers, the MeT department said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!