Uttarakhand receives fresh snowfall
Dehradun: High altitude areas of Chamoli and Uttarkashi districts of Uttarakhand received fresh snowfall on Tuesday even as the valleys were lashed by moderate rains causing a sharp drop in temperature at most places.
Quite a few places in Chamoli district including Auli, Badrinath and Hemkund Sahib received the snowfall.
As a result, tourist places like `Nanda Devi` and `Phoolon Ki Ghati` (flowers` valley), national parks in the district were covered under about seven-feet thick sheets of snow, officials in Chamoli said.
Most valleys in the state, including Dehradun, Badkot, Dunda, Mori, Tharali and Munsyari in Uttarkashi district were also lashed by showers which caused a sharp drop in temperature, the MeT department said.
In Dehradun, where a shower occurred in the afternoon, the temperature fell from 21.4 degrees Celsius to 15 degrees C.
Badkot in Uttarkashi district received the maximum 24.4 mm of rain followed by Mori which recorded 30 mm of showers, the MeT department said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon