Uttarakhand receives Rs 250 crore from Centre for relief works
Dehradun: Uttarakhand government has received Rs 250 crore so far from the Centre for relief works in the wake of the June calamity.
"We have received a package of Rs 250 crore from the Centre so far for relief and rehabilitation efforts in the state, Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar told reporters here on Monday.
In a proposal submitted to the Cabinet sub-committee on Uttarakhand chaired by the Prime Minister, the state government has demanded Rs 5000 crore for reconstruction and Rs 8000 crore for rehabilitation, he said.
He expressed hope that the amounts demanded from the Centre will soon be sanctioned.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India