Uttarakhand receives Rs 250 crore from Centre for relief works
Dehradun: Uttarakhand government has received Rs 250 crore so far from the Centre for relief works in the wake of the June calamity.
"We have received a package of Rs 250 crore from the Centre so far for relief and rehabilitation efforts in the state, Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar told reporters here on Monday.
In a proposal submitted to the Cabinet sub-committee on Uttarakhand chaired by the Prime Minister, the state government has demanded Rs 5000 crore for reconstruction and Rs 8000 crore for rehabilitation, he said.
He expressed hope that the amounts demanded from the Centre will soon be sanctioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?