Uttarakhand reels under severe cold wave
Dehradun: Uttarakhand remained in the grip of severe cold on Saturday with the plains of Kumaon and Garhwal regions wrapped in a thick blanket of fog and the state capital recording further drop in temperature.
Districts located in the higher reaches like Almora, Tehri Garhwal and Pithoragarh recorded sub-zero temperatures whereas Haridwar, Udhamsingh Nagar, Pauri and parts of Nainital districts were enveloped by fog throughout the day, MeT office Director Anand Sharma told PTI.
Thick fog covered Haldwani too where people shivered with the minimum recorded at 2 degrees Celsius, he said adding the temperature in Dehradun dropped from yesterday`s 4.1 degrees Celsius to 3.6 deg C despite a bright sunny day.
He attributed the intensifying cold wave conditions in the state capital to strong northwesterly winds sweeping the city.
Similar weather conditions in the state have been predicted for the next few days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar