Uttarakhand reels under severe cold wave
Dehradun: Uttarakhand remained in the grip of severe cold on Saturday with the plains of Kumaon and Garhwal regions wrapped in a thick blanket of fog and the state capital recording further drop in temperature.
Districts located in the higher reaches like Almora, Tehri Garhwal and Pithoragarh recorded sub-zero temperatures whereas Haridwar, Udhamsingh Nagar, Pauri and parts of Nainital districts were enveloped by fog throughout the day, MeT office Director Anand Sharma told PTI.
Thick fog covered Haldwani too where people shivered with the minimum recorded at 2 degrees Celsius, he said adding the temperature in Dehradun dropped from yesterday`s 4.1 degrees Celsius to 3.6 deg C despite a bright sunny day.
He attributed the intensifying cold wave conditions in the state capital to strong northwesterly winds sweeping the city.
Similar weather conditions in the state have been predicted for the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore