Uttarakhand reels under severe cold wave
Dehradun: Uttarakhand remained in the grip of severe cold on Saturday with the plains of Kumaon and Garhwal regions wrapped in a thick blanket of fog and the state capital recording further drop in temperature.
Districts located in the higher reaches like Almora, Tehri Garhwal and Pithoragarh recorded sub-zero temperatures whereas Haridwar, Udhamsingh Nagar, Pauri and parts of Nainital districts were enveloped by fog throughout the day, MeT office Director Anand Sharma told PTI.
Thick fog covered Haldwani too where people shivered with the minimum recorded at 2 degrees Celsius, he said adding the temperature in Dehradun dropped from yesterday`s 4.1 degrees Celsius to 3.6 deg C despite a bright sunny day.
He attributed the intensifying cold wave conditions in the state capital to strong northwesterly winds sweeping the city.
Similar weather conditions in the state have been predicted for the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth