Uttarakhand reels under severe cold wave
Dehradun: Uttarakhand remained in the grip of severe cold on Saturday with the plains of Kumaon and Garhwal regions wrapped in a thick blanket of fog and the state capital recording further drop in temperature.
Districts located in the higher reaches like Almora, Tehri Garhwal and Pithoragarh recorded sub-zero temperatures whereas Haridwar, Udhamsingh Nagar, Pauri and parts of Nainital districts were enveloped by fog throughout the day, MeT office Director Anand Sharma told PTI.
Thick fog covered Haldwani too where people shivered with the minimum recorded at 2 degrees Celsius, he said adding the temperature in Dehradun dropped from yesterday`s 4.1 degrees Celsius to 3.6 deg C despite a bright sunny day.
He attributed the intensifying cold wave conditions in the state capital to strong northwesterly winds sweeping the city.
Similar weather conditions in the state have been predicted for the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble