Uttarakhand reels under severe cold wave
Dehradun: Uttarakhand remained in the grip of severe cold on Saturday with the plains of Kumaon and Garhwal regions wrapped in a thick blanket of fog and the state capital recording further drop in temperature.
Districts located in the higher reaches like Almora, Tehri Garhwal and Pithoragarh recorded sub-zero temperatures whereas Haridwar, Udhamsingh Nagar, Pauri and parts of Nainital districts were enveloped by fog throughout the day, MeT office Director Anand Sharma told PTI.
Thick fog covered Haldwani too where people shivered with the minimum recorded at 2 degrees Celsius, he said adding the temperature in Dehradun dropped from yesterday`s 4.1 degrees Celsius to 3.6 deg C despite a bright sunny day.
He attributed the intensifying cold wave conditions in the state capital to strong northwesterly winds sweeping the city.
Similar weather conditions in the state have been predicted for the next few days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram