Uttarakhand seeks Rs 115.8 crore assistance from health ministry
New Delhi: Uttarakhand Government has sought a special assistance of Rs 115.8 crore from the Health Ministry in an attempt to rebuild the medical infrastructure in the flood ravaged state.
The state government last week submitted a proposal in this regard to the Union Health Ministry which is now contemplating it on priority basis, a top Health Ministry official said.
The proposal mentions a requirement of Rs 79.50 crores for the health infrastructure development, over Rs 7.6 crore for medical equipments supply, four crores for drugs, Rs 3.2 crores for ambulances, Rs 9.8 crores for the training of the ASHA workers for disaster management, Rs 3.22 crores for Information, Education and Communication (IEC) activities and awareness generation and Rs 3.4 crore for Doli, palki and Communication equipments among others, the official said.
The proposal mentions that floods have caused severe damage
to the health infrastructure and other health facilities and health centres and supplies have been affected. The government now has to recreate them for which they have requested for a special assistance from the centre.
Earlier, the Ministry had sanctioned an amount of Rs 250 crore to the state for the widespread damage to infrastructure under the National Rural Health Mission for 2013-14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days