Uttarakhand sets up separate Sanskrit education board
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand government, which
had accorded Sanskrit the status of second official language
of the state last year, has set up a separate Sanskrit
education board for giving recognition to language schools.
Uttarakhand Sanskrit Education Board (USEB) would prepare
the syllabus and publish books for class I to class 12 besides
holding examinations and evaluating their answer-sheets, said
Dr Vachaspati Maithani, Director of Sanskrit education.
The board would also arrange for training of Acharyas
(teachers) and Pracharyas (headmasters) of the schools, he
Maithani said a notification to this effect has already
been issued by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police