Uttarakhand sets up separate Sanskrit education board
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand government, which
had accorded Sanskrit the status of second official language
of the state last year, has set up a separate Sanskrit
education board for giving recognition to language schools.
Uttarakhand Sanskrit Education Board (USEB) would prepare
the syllabus and publish books for class I to class 12 besides
holding examinations and evaluating their answer-sheets, said
Dr Vachaspati Maithani, Director of Sanskrit education.
The board would also arrange for training of Acharyas
(teachers) and Pracharyas (headmasters) of the schools, he
Maithani said a notification to this effect has already
been issued by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees