Uttarakhand: Striking employees withdraw stir
Dehradun: Government employees agitating in Uttarakhand against the state government`s decision, to create an ex-cadre to grant reservation in promotion to SC/ST personnel, withdrew their fortnight long stir on Monday following an assurance from Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna that the proposed move will be reconsidered.
The Government Officials-Workers-Teachers Association decided to postpone their agitation after a detailed three rounds of discussions with the the chief minister, official sources said here.
As per the agreement reached between the striking employees and the government the proposed move will come up for reconsideration of the state Cabinet on October 15 after the conclusion of the Tehri Lok Sabha bypoll slated for October 10.
The model code of conduct is already in force in view of the forthcoming bypoll.
The 15-day long strike had affected work at the secretariat and the government offices with the agitating employees refusing to return to work despite the government issuing two deadlines and threatening them with stern action if they failed to meet them.
The agitating employees have been opposing creation of ex-cadre to give reservation in promotion to SC/ST employees.
According to the agreement reached between the government and the employees there will be no disciplinary action against the agitators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard
- Vijender Singh out of Olympic contention, wishes best for Vikas Krishan