Uttarakhand: Striking employees withdraw stir
Dehradun: Government employees agitating in Uttarakhand against the state government`s decision, to create an ex-cadre to grant reservation in promotion to SC/ST personnel, withdrew their fortnight long stir on Monday following an assurance from Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna that the proposed move will be reconsidered.
The Government Officials-Workers-Teachers Association decided to postpone their agitation after a detailed three rounds of discussions with the the chief minister, official sources said here.
As per the agreement reached between the striking employees and the government the proposed move will come up for reconsideration of the state Cabinet on October 15 after the conclusion of the Tehri Lok Sabha bypoll slated for October 10.
The model code of conduct is already in force in view of the forthcoming bypoll.
The 15-day long strike had affected work at the secretariat and the government offices with the agitating employees refusing to return to work despite the government issuing two deadlines and threatening them with stern action if they failed to meet them.
The agitating employees have been opposing creation of ex-cadre to give reservation in promotion to SC/ST employees.
According to the agreement reached between the government and the employees there will be no disciplinary action against the agitators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof