Uttarakhand students can use KV school premises in flood-hit areas
New Delhi: The premises of 25 Kendriya Vidyalaya premises would be available for studies of students of flood-ravaged Uttarakhand.
Minister of State for Human Resource Development Jitin Prasada on Monday said the state government could use the premises to hold classes for students whose schools were damaged during the recent floods and landslides.
He told on the sidelines of an event that teachers and students of KVs would also volunteer to help students of the hill state in their studies.
"We want to help them. KVs` premises can be used," Prasada said.
There are 25 KVs in flood-affected areas of Uttarakhand and their buildings have not suffered any serious damage, officials said.
KV Sangathan Commissioner Avinash Dikshit said they would soon be writing to the state government in this regard. The state government could use the premises to teach students after classes of KV students are over.
The minister urged KV authorities to evolve their
education system to meet the challenges being posed by private schools.
"New concepts are coming up and KVs should evolve in a way that they remain a sough-after institutions 50 years down the line," he said.
He spoke about the need for e-learning and counseling for students to gauge their aptitude and offer them the best course.
As part of the ongoing yearlong activities of KVs` golden jubilee celebrations, Prasada today launched the first of the 14 travelling photo exhibitions.
The exhibitions planned for 14 cities starting from here would showcase the journey of KVs from 20 schools in 1963 to 1,093 at present. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had kicked off the celebrations on February 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug