Uttarakhand to implement Lokayukta based on Lokpal
Dehradun: Hailing the passage of Lokpal Bill as historic, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Thursday said Uttarakhand will be the first state to implement a Lokayukta Act based on the anti-corruption law passed by the Parliament.
"Passage of Lokpal has been historic. I am thankful to our central leaders for this. Uttarakhand will lead the rest of the states in the country in implementing a Lokayukta Act based on the Lokpal legislation passed by Parliament," Bahuguna told reporters here today.
The statement by the chief minister makes it clear that the Uttarakhand Lokayukta Act passed by the state assembly during the previous BJP rule and given Presidential assent recently will not see the light of day.
Bahuguna had reservations about implementing the Uttarakhand Lokatyukta Act passed during Bhuvan Chandra Khanduri`s tenure as chief minister and was keen on making amendments to it before bringing it into force.
The chief minister said the provisions of the Lokayukta Act passed by Khanduri government did not form part of the Lokpal bill passed by Lok Sabha yesterday and Uttarakhand`s Lokayukta Act will be based on the one passed by Parliament and not on the one passed by the state assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh