Uttarakhand to improve health of transport corp
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand Cabinet on Wednesday decided to set up a district reorganisation commission and two sub-committees for improving health of the state transport corporation and state-owned sugar mills.
The Cabinet also decided to set up a sub-committee to decide on the controversial issue of caste and permanent resident certificates.
A district reorganisation commission would be set up for studying all aspects regarding creation of new districts and restructuring of old ones within the financial norms of the FRBM Act, state Chief Secretary Alok Kumar Jain told reporters here after a Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna.
The five-member commission would be headed by the chairman of state revenue board with Principal Secretary (Revenue) as its convenor and Commissioners of Garhwal and Kumaon and Additional Secretary of Finance department as its other members, Jain said, adding the commission would submit its recommendations within six months.
The Cabinet has taken the decision of setting up of the commission in view of the announcement of creation of four districts by the previous BJP government, Jain said. This means that the fate of all the four districts has now been sealed by the setting up of the new commission.
The state Cabinet decided to form a cabinet sub-committee for suggesting ways and preparing a road map to rehabilitate and rationalise all the six government and cooperative sector sugar mills running in huge losses, Jain said.
The four member sub-committee would comprise Dinesh Agrawal, Yashpal Arya, SS Negi and Amrita Rawat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video