Uttarakhand to improve health of transport corp
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand Cabinet on Wednesday decided to set up a district reorganisation commission and two sub-committees for improving health of the state transport corporation and state-owned sugar mills.
The Cabinet also decided to set up a sub-committee to decide on the controversial issue of caste and permanent resident certificates.
A district reorganisation commission would be set up for studying all aspects regarding creation of new districts and restructuring of old ones within the financial norms of the FRBM Act, state Chief Secretary Alok Kumar Jain told reporters here after a Cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna.
The five-member commission would be headed by the chairman of state revenue board with Principal Secretary (Revenue) as its convenor and Commissioners of Garhwal and Kumaon and Additional Secretary of Finance department as its other members, Jain said, adding the commission would submit its recommendations within six months.
The Cabinet has taken the decision of setting up of the commission in view of the announcement of creation of four districts by the previous BJP government, Jain said. This means that the fate of all the four districts has now been sealed by the setting up of the new commission.
The state Cabinet decided to form a cabinet sub-committee for suggesting ways and preparing a road map to rehabilitate and rationalise all the six government and cooperative sector sugar mills running in huge losses, Jain said.
The four member sub-committee would comprise Dinesh Agrawal, Yashpal Arya, SS Negi and Amrita Rawat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon