Uttarakhand to set up airport under PPP mode
Dehra Dun: In view of a large number of
pilgrims and tourists coming to Uttarakhand every year, the
state government has decided to set up an airport under PPP
mode between Haridwar and Laksar areas of the hill state.
During a meeting here, Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar
directed the forest and revenue officials to identify land for
the purpose within a week, an official release said here.
The airport would also cater to the needs of the people
coming to the state due to rapid industrialisation in the
area, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet