Uttarakhand to set up airport under PPP mode
Dehra Dun: In view of a large number of
pilgrims and tourists coming to Uttarakhand every year, the
state government has decided to set up an airport under PPP
mode between Haridwar and Laksar areas of the hill state.
During a meeting here, Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar
directed the forest and revenue officials to identify land for
the purpose within a week, an official release said here.
The airport would also cater to the needs of the people
coming to the state due to rapid industrialisation in the
area, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered