Uttarakhand to set up airport under PPP mode
Dehra Dun: In view of a large number of
pilgrims and tourists coming to Uttarakhand every year, the
state government has decided to set up an airport under PPP
mode between Haridwar and Laksar areas of the hill state.
During a meeting here, Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar
directed the forest and revenue officials to identify land for
the purpose within a week, an official release said here.
The airport would also cater to the needs of the people
coming to the state due to rapid industrialisation in the
area, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal