Uttarakhand to set up airport under PPP mode
Dehra Dun: In view of a large number of
pilgrims and tourists coming to Uttarakhand every year, the
state government has decided to set up an airport under PPP
mode between Haridwar and Laksar areas of the hill state.
During a meeting here, Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar
directed the forest and revenue officials to identify land for
the purpose within a week, an official release said here.
The airport would also cater to the needs of the people
coming to the state due to rapid industrialisation in the
area, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan