Uttarakhand weather is expected to improve: Met
Dehradun: The director of Uttarakhand Meteorological Center, Anand Sharma, said on Friday that people in the state would expect some relief from rains as the weather is likely to improve.
"We are expecting light to moderate rains of around 1-10 mm in the higher regions of Uttarakhand, especially in Rudraprayag, Uttarkashi and Chamoli. In Dehradun and surrounding Garhwal region, we are expecting 10-20 mms of rainfall, maybe a little bit more in some areas.
“As far as the Kumaon region is concerned, the effect could be more there and we are expecting 30-50 mms of rain as there is a cyclonic circulation over southeast UP," Sharma added.
Sharma said that the weather centre has been issuing regular warnings about heavy rains in the hilly areas and had informed farmers to postpone their sowing plans and not to apply chemicals and fertilisers as they will be washed away. They should make necessary arrangements for draining of excess water from fields in low-lying regions.
Sharma further said that the Uttarakhand Weather Forecast Department is doing its duty by issuing regular warnings and making sure it reaches the people and the media.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India