Uttarakhand weather is expected to improve: Met
Dehradun: The director of Uttarakhand Meteorological Center, Anand Sharma, said on Friday that people in the state would expect some relief from rains as the weather is likely to improve.
"We are expecting light to moderate rains of around 1-10 mm in the higher regions of Uttarakhand, especially in Rudraprayag, Uttarkashi and Chamoli. In Dehradun and surrounding Garhwal region, we are expecting 10-20 mms of rainfall, maybe a little bit more in some areas.
“As far as the Kumaon region is concerned, the effect could be more there and we are expecting 30-50 mms of rain as there is a cyclonic circulation over southeast UP," Sharma added.
Sharma said that the weather centre has been issuing regular warnings about heavy rains in the hilly areas and had informed farmers to postpone their sowing plans and not to apply chemicals and fertilisers as they will be washed away. They should make necessary arrangements for draining of excess water from fields in low-lying regions.
Sharma further said that the Uttarakhand Weather Forecast Department is doing its duty by issuing regular warnings and making sure it reaches the people and the media.
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord