Uttarakhand: Whistleblower Act in BJP manifesto
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand`s ruling BJP on Monday
released its manifesto for assembly polls pledging to bring a
Whistleblower Act, provide agriculture loans at 2 percent and
create 10 lakh jobs to youths.
The document also pledges to attract Rs 50,000 crore
investments and make the state power surplus.
Releasing the manifesto, BJP leader Rajnath Singh
claimed the BJP government has fulfilled 90 per cent of its
previous poll promises. 184 announcements have been
implemented and remaining 22 were under implementation stages,
"This is not a merely election manifesto but it is our
pledge paper" Singh told reporters here.
Unlike Congress which has promised to give unemployment
allowances, BJP said it would not give such doles and instead
create job opportunities for youth.
In this regard, party pledged to create 2 lakh jobs both
in government and private sectors every year.
On corruption, the manifesto said BJP would bring a
Whistleblower Act to give security to all those who come
forward to expose corruption in the state.
This is in continuance of various steps already been
taken by the government like passage of Lokayukta Bill,
enacting citizen charters, transparent transfer policy and
setting up of anti-corruption department, Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened