Uttarakhand: Whistleblower Act in BJP manifesto
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand`s ruling BJP on Monday
released its manifesto for assembly polls pledging to bring a
Whistleblower Act, provide agriculture loans at 2 percent and
create 10 lakh jobs to youths.
The document also pledges to attract Rs 50,000 crore
investments and make the state power surplus.
Releasing the manifesto, BJP leader Rajnath Singh
claimed the BJP government has fulfilled 90 per cent of its
previous poll promises. 184 announcements have been
implemented and remaining 22 were under implementation stages,
"This is not a merely election manifesto but it is our
pledge paper" Singh told reporters here.
Unlike Congress which has promised to give unemployment
allowances, BJP said it would not give such doles and instead
create job opportunities for youth.
In this regard, party pledged to create 2 lakh jobs both
in government and private sectors every year.
On corruption, the manifesto said BJP would bring a
Whistleblower Act to give security to all those who come
forward to expose corruption in the state.
This is in continuance of various steps already been
taken by the government like passage of Lokayukta Bill,
enacting citizen charters, transparent transfer policy and
setting up of anti-corruption department, Singh added.
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy