Uttarakhand: Woman BJP leader set on fire
Dehra Dun: The daughter of a woman BJP
leader on Friday died of shock after she allegedly witnessed her
mother being set on fire by a person over personal enmity in
Rishikesh near here, police said.
Geeta Shanker, zonal president of Uttarakhand BJP women`s
wing, was allegedly set on fire by a person, Lakshman Singh,
at her house in THDC colony, police said.
Her daughter Khushboo (17), was present at the that time
of the incident went into a state of shock after witnessing
the gruesome scene. Khushboo was rushed to a nearby hospital
where she died during treatment, police said.
Geeta was also rushed to hospital with over 65 per cent
burn injuries and was referred to government hospital in Dehra
Dun in view of her serious condition.
Singh had gone to Geeta`s house in the morning when her
husband was away, poured petrol on her and set her on fire.
President of Parwadun BJP district unit, Saroj Dimri said
the accused is related of Geeta and was angry with her as she
was pressurising the police to take action against him in a
case involving a local girl early this week.
Meanwhile, police arrested Singh and are interrogating
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred