Uttarakhand`s governor visit to Kedarnath cancelled as chopper develops snag
Dehradun,: Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi`s proposed visit to Kedarnath was cancelled on Tuesday as the helicopter which was to take him to the Himalayan shrine developed some technical problem.
Qureshi was to offer prayers for peace at the shrine for victims of the natural calamity that struck the hill state on June 16-17 last year.
"I regret not being able to visit?the shrine where I had to offer prayers for peace for victims of the disaster and for keeping the state free from natural calamities," the Governor said.
In a release, Qureshi said his visit could have enabled him to take stock of relief and restoration works carried out in the area which bore the brunt of last year`s flashfloods.
A massive deluge had ravaged parts of Uttarakhand in June last year killing hundreds of people and leaving a trail of destruction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown