Uttarakhand`s governor visit to Kedarnath cancelled as chopper develops snag
Dehradun,: Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi`s proposed visit to Kedarnath was cancelled on Tuesday as the helicopter which was to take him to the Himalayan shrine developed some technical problem.
Qureshi was to offer prayers for peace at the shrine for victims of the natural calamity that struck the hill state on June 16-17 last year.
"I regret not being able to visit?the shrine where I had to offer prayers for peace for victims of the disaster and for keeping the state free from natural calamities," the Governor said.
In a release, Qureshi said his visit could have enabled him to take stock of relief and restoration works carried out in the area which bore the brunt of last year`s flashfloods.
A massive deluge had ravaged parts of Uttarakhand in June last year killing hundreds of people and leaving a trail of destruction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days