Uttarkhand: Drunk driving kills three friends
Dehradun: Drunk driving proved costly for a group of friends when their car fell into a gorge in Pauri district, killing three of them on the spot and leaving another critically injured.
The mishap occurred last evening when the youths, all in their early 20s, were returning from a party and going to Shrinagar in the district, the SHO Pauri police station said.
The car occupants were all drunk and over-speeding when the car, a brand new Swift Dzire, rolled down into a 300-ft deep gorge, hit a tree and veered off into a stream before coming to a halt after ramming into a rock, he said.
Three of them were killed on the spot. The injured was rushed to Shrinagar base hospital where his condition is said to be serious, he said.
Over-speeding under the influence of alcohol led to the accident, the station house officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days