Uttarkhand: Drunk driving kills three friends
Dehradun: Drunk driving proved costly for a group of friends when their car fell into a gorge in Pauri district, killing three of them on the spot and leaving another critically injured.
The mishap occurred last evening when the youths, all in their early 20s, were returning from a party and going to Shrinagar in the district, the SHO Pauri police station said.
The car occupants were all drunk and over-speeding when the car, a brand new Swift Dzire, rolled down into a 300-ft deep gorge, hit a tree and veered off into a stream before coming to a halt after ramming into a rock, he said.
Three of them were killed on the spot. The injured was rushed to Shrinagar base hospital where his condition is said to be serious, he said.
Over-speeding under the influence of alcohol led to the accident, the station house officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof