Uttarkhand: Drunk driving kills three friends
Dehradun: Drunk driving proved costly for a group of friends when their car fell into a gorge in Pauri district, killing three of them on the spot and leaving another critically injured.
The mishap occurred last evening when the youths, all in their early 20s, were returning from a party and going to Shrinagar in the district, the SHO Pauri police station said.
The car occupants were all drunk and over-speeding when the car, a brand new Swift Dzire, rolled down into a 300-ft deep gorge, hit a tree and veered off into a stream before coming to a halt after ramming into a rock, he said.
Three of them were killed on the spot. The injured was rushed to Shrinagar base hospital where his condition is said to be serious, he said.
Over-speeding under the influence of alcohol led to the accident, the station house officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!