VAT exemption for Central police, paramilitary forces in U`kd
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand cabinet today decided
to give VAT exemption on daily commodities being sold through
canteens of Central police and paramilitary forces.
Briefing newspersons after a cabinet meeting chaired by
Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank, Chief Secretary N S
Napalchyal said the state government has decided to extend the
benefit of VAT exemption on daily commodities to the canteens
of these central forces like ITBP, SSB and CRPF on the lines
The decision would cost the state exchequer Rs 10 lakh
annually, he added.
Napalchyal, however, said there would be no VAT
exemption for liquor.
The state cabinet also gave its nod to modernise 11
roadways bus stations under PPP mode. In the first phase, four
bus stations of Srinagar, Ramnagar, Kashipur and Rudrapur
would be developed at a cost of Rs 29 crore.
Uttarakhand cabinet also approved Rs 2 crore as its
equity capital for Uttarakhand Pariyojna Vikas evam Nirman
Nigam, a new corporation to be set up for the development of
hydropower projects, Napalchyal said.
The corporation would be in addition to Uttarakhand Jal
Vidyut Nigam Limited (UJVNL) and mainly comprise employees of
state irrigation department, he said, adding, there would be
150 employees in the corporation.
Initially the corporation would develop two hydropower
projects--- 70 Mw Aarakoti-Tyuni and 66 Mw Tyuni-Plasu. Its
headquarters would be in Dehradun, he added.
The cabinet also gave approval to fill the posts of 225
lecturers and 19 heads of department in state polytechnics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know