Vijay Bahuguna has lost control over MLAs: BJP
Dehradun: Opposition BJP on Thursday said the ongoing crisis in Vijay Bahuguna government in Uttarakhand with five MLAs boycotting a meeting convened by the Chief Minister is an indication that he has lost control over his own legislators.
"Statements by the ruling party MLAs against their own government and their boycott of Bahuguna`s meeting is enough proof that things are falling apart in the state and the Chief Minister has lost all control over his MLAs," Pradesh BJP general secretary Naresh Bansal said.
Crisis in the 15-month-old Vijay Bahuguna government in Uttarakhand deepened yesterday with five disgruntled Congress MLAs boycotting a meeting convened by him, triggering sharp criticism from the ruling party which dubbed it as an "insult" to the Chief Minister.
Bahuguna had called the meeting on Monday to hear their grievances after Congress MLA Harish Dhami threatened to resign last week if his complaints regarding lack of development in his constituency were not redressed within a fortnight, prompting four more party MLAs to express solidarity with him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Google beats Oracle in $9 billion Android trial
- Google triumphs over Oracle in copyright case
- Madhya Pradesh IAS officer transferred for 'praising' Nehru on Facebook? Congress to stage protests
- Supreme Court refuses to stay NEET ordinance, says it will create confusion
- Man gets melon-sized tumour removed from his neck after 25 years – Watch!