Vijay Bahuguna has lost control over MLAs: BJP
Dehradun: Opposition BJP on Thursday said the ongoing crisis in Vijay Bahuguna government in Uttarakhand with five MLAs boycotting a meeting convened by the Chief Minister is an indication that he has lost control over his own legislators.
"Statements by the ruling party MLAs against their own government and their boycott of Bahuguna`s meeting is enough proof that things are falling apart in the state and the Chief Minister has lost all control over his MLAs," Pradesh BJP general secretary Naresh Bansal said.
Crisis in the 15-month-old Vijay Bahuguna government in Uttarakhand deepened yesterday with five disgruntled Congress MLAs boycotting a meeting convened by him, triggering sharp criticism from the ruling party which dubbed it as an "insult" to the Chief Minister.
Bahuguna had called the meeting on Monday to hear their grievances after Congress MLA Harish Dhami threatened to resign last week if his complaints regarding lack of development in his constituency were not redressed within a fortnight, prompting four more party MLAs to express solidarity with him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Piers Morgan pokes fun at India's performance in Rio: Here's how Virender Sehwag SHUT him down
- Raj Thackeray defies SC order, MNS ties Dahi-Handi at 49 feet in Thane
- Fashion for me is feeling glamorous, confident: Shraddha Kapoor
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM
- SHOCKING: DySP forces women trainees to mention their period dates, makes fun of pregnant cadet