Virbhadra Singh, wife summoned by court in corruption case
Shimla: A Special Judge on Saturday issued
notice to Union Steel Minister Virbhadra Singh and his wife
Pratibha Singh asking them to appear in court on November 27
in connection with a corruption case, official sources said.
Taking cognisance of the chargesheet filed by the
Himachal Pradesh Anti-Corruption and Vigilance Bureau on
October 1, Special Judge (Forests), Shimla, B L Soni said
there was sufficient ground to proceed against Virbhadra Singh
under section 120 B of IPC and Prevention of Corruption Act,
His wife Pratibha Singh, a former MP, has been charged
under section 120 B of IPC and sections 8 and 9 of Prevention
of Corruption Act, he said.
The state Anti-Corruption Bureau had registered a case
against Singh and his wife on August 3, 2009, on the basis of
an audio CD which figured the alleged conversion of Singh and
his wife with a former IAS officer Mohinder Lal and some other
persons regarding some money transactions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Watch: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra’s desi swag will make you go crazy!
- Search for missing IAF AN-32 aircraft continues for sixth day
- Man who tried to commit suicide outside Chhattisgarh CM's house dies
- Watch how you can keep your bookshelves neat and clean!
- Five health benefits of cashew nuts you didn't know about!