Weather clears in Uttarakhand; pilgrims leave for `Char Dham`
Dehradun: The weather was clear in most parts of Uttarakhand today except light to moderate rain at isolated places, allowing `Char Dham` pilgrims to leave for Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri and Yamunotri.
The weather was clear in Sonprayag, Gaurikund, Junglechatti, Bhimbali, Linchauli and Kedarnath in Rudraprayag district and most of the roads including the highway to the Himalayan shrine was open for both light and heavy vehicles up to Sonprayag, according to Disaster Mitigation and Management Department here.
With the weather clearing up, four pilgrims left for Kedarnath this morning to pay obeisance at the shrine.
Rishikesh-Badrinath Highway was also open and 72 pilgrims left Joshimath for Kedarnath temple, while 83 devotees left for the Sikh shrine of Hemkunt Sahib.
The highways to Gangotri and Yamunotri shrines were also open throughout the day.
Though the weather was clear at most places, Ukhimath recorded 1.25 mm of rainfall, Munsyari 3 mm and Dharchula 37.40 mm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- CAG starts audit of DIAL, AAI books amid concerns over "irregularities"
- 'Half Girlfriend': Shraddha Kapoor injured on sets!
- India needs $1.5 trillion for infrastructure development: Arun Jaitley
- IIFA 2016: Why should girls have all the fun? Ranveer-Fawad-Karan shoot up dapper quotient
- Salman Khan flaunting his biceps in new 'Sultan' still will leave you flabbergasted! - View pic