Weather clears in Uttarakhand; pilgrims leave for `Char Dham`
Dehradun: The weather was clear in most parts of Uttarakhand today except light to moderate rain at isolated places, allowing `Char Dham` pilgrims to leave for Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri and Yamunotri.
The weather was clear in Sonprayag, Gaurikund, Junglechatti, Bhimbali, Linchauli and Kedarnath in Rudraprayag district and most of the roads including the highway to the Himalayan shrine was open for both light and heavy vehicles up to Sonprayag, according to Disaster Mitigation and Management Department here.
With the weather clearing up, four pilgrims left for Kedarnath this morning to pay obeisance at the shrine.
Rishikesh-Badrinath Highway was also open and 72 pilgrims left Joshimath for Kedarnath temple, while 83 devotees left for the Sikh shrine of Hemkunt Sahib.
The highways to Gangotri and Yamunotri shrines were also open throughout the day.
Though the weather was clear at most places, Ukhimath recorded 1.25 mm of rainfall, Munsyari 3 mm and Dharchula 37.40 mm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre