Weather clears in Uttarakhand; pilgrims leave for `Char Dham`
Dehradun: The weather was clear in most parts of Uttarakhand today except light to moderate rain at isolated places, allowing `Char Dham` pilgrims to leave for Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri and Yamunotri.
The weather was clear in Sonprayag, Gaurikund, Junglechatti, Bhimbali, Linchauli and Kedarnath in Rudraprayag district and most of the roads including the highway to the Himalayan shrine was open for both light and heavy vehicles up to Sonprayag, according to Disaster Mitigation and Management Department here.
With the weather clearing up, four pilgrims left for Kedarnath this morning to pay obeisance at the shrine.
Rishikesh-Badrinath Highway was also open and 72 pilgrims left Joshimath for Kedarnath temple, while 83 devotees left for the Sikh shrine of Hemkunt Sahib.
The highways to Gangotri and Yamunotri shrines were also open throughout the day.
Though the weather was clear at most places, Ukhimath recorded 1.25 mm of rainfall, Munsyari 3 mm and Dharchula 37.40 mm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming