Weather clears in Uttarakhand; pilgrims leave for `Char Dham`
Dehradun: The weather was clear in most parts of Uttarakhand today except light to moderate rain at isolated places, allowing `Char Dham` pilgrims to leave for Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri and Yamunotri.
The weather was clear in Sonprayag, Gaurikund, Junglechatti, Bhimbali, Linchauli and Kedarnath in Rudraprayag district and most of the roads including the highway to the Himalayan shrine was open for both light and heavy vehicles up to Sonprayag, according to Disaster Mitigation and Management Department here.
With the weather clearing up, four pilgrims left for Kedarnath this morning to pay obeisance at the shrine.
Rishikesh-Badrinath Highway was also open and 72 pilgrims left Joshimath for Kedarnath temple, while 83 devotees left for the Sikh shrine of Hemkunt Sahib.
The highways to Gangotri and Yamunotri shrines were also open throughout the day.
Though the weather was clear at most places, Ukhimath recorded 1.25 mm of rainfall, Munsyari 3 mm and Dharchula 37.40 mm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of IS video proving the authenticity of Batla House encounter
- DNA: Analysis of how adulterated food is putting people's lives at risk
- DNA: How Potassium Bromate and Potassium Iodate in breads can cause cancer