Weightlifter alleges rape attempt by coach
Dehra Dun: A weightlifter has alleged that a coach of the Sports Authority of India had tried to rape her in a stadium in Uttarakhand`s Udhamsingh Nagar district late last month, police said on Wednesday.
On the basis of girl`s complaint, a case of rape was registered against coach Y K Singh yesterday, SSP (Udhamsingh Nagar) Nilesh Anand Bharne said.
In her complaint to police, the girl alleged the coach had called her to his office on July 28 at the SAI stadium in Kashipur where he tried to rape her.
As the coach tried to criminally assault her, she ran away, the girl said in her complaint, according to the SSP.
Later, the girl along with her family members met the SSP to lodge a complaint.
The SSPsd directed the police officials to register a case against the SAI coach.
"We have registered a case and investigations are on," said Bharne.
"We will take appropriate action after the completion of investigations," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon