Will bring in strong Lokayukta: Vijay Bahuguna
Dehradun: Under pressure from ally Progressive Democratic Front (PDF) to bring in the Lokayukta Bill introduced by the erstwhile BJP regime, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna today said his government would bring a strong law in this regard after some changes.
At a meeting with coalition partner PDF to discuss the issue, Bahuguna said the bill introduced by the BJP has some shortcomings which needed to be changed, and promised to bring in a strong Lokayukta in the state.
The Uttarakhand government has convened another meeting on December 15 to discuss the bill with the PDF.
When asked if the deadline will be met for implementing the law, the Chief Minister said the government has enough time. He said the earlier bill included the lower judiciary, which is not right and needs to be changed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray