Will bring in strong Lokayukta: Vijay Bahuguna
Dehradun: Under pressure from ally Progressive Democratic Front (PDF) to bring in the Lokayukta Bill introduced by the erstwhile BJP regime, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna today said his government would bring a strong law in this regard after some changes.
At a meeting with coalition partner PDF to discuss the issue, Bahuguna said the bill introduced by the BJP has some shortcomings which needed to be changed, and promised to bring in a strong Lokayukta in the state.
The Uttarakhand government has convened another meeting on December 15 to discuss the bill with the PDF.
When asked if the deadline will be met for implementing the law, the Chief Minister said the government has enough time. He said the earlier bill included the lower judiciary, which is not right and needs to be changed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY