Will bring in strong Lokayukta: Vijay Bahuguna
Dehradun: Under pressure from ally Progressive Democratic Front (PDF) to bring in the Lokayukta Bill introduced by the erstwhile BJP regime, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna today said his government would bring a strong law in this regard after some changes.
At a meeting with coalition partner PDF to discuss the issue, Bahuguna said the bill introduced by the BJP has some shortcomings which needed to be changed, and promised to bring in a strong Lokayukta in the state.
The Uttarakhand government has convened another meeting on December 15 to discuss the bill with the PDF.
When asked if the deadline will be met for implementing the law, the Chief Minister said the government has enough time. He said the earlier bill included the lower judiciary, which is not right and needs to be changed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH